All window blinds have the same functions: to control the entry of natural light into a room and provide privacy. They can also be used to enhance the aesthetics of the room they are installed in. Having similar purposes, though, doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re all the same. In this article, we take a look at two of the most popular types of blinds—the vertical blinds and the roller blinds—and the pros and cons of each.
Pros and Cons of Vertical Blinds
- Vertical blinds come in a wide variety of colours. Thus, you’ll have no trouble finding one that will complement your interior’s colour scheme.
- Their vanes can also be made from different materials namely fabric, vinyl, wood and others.
- In general, vertical blinds are more affordable than most other types of window blinds. However, do be careful about getting ridiculously cheap vertical blinds (or any other type of window blinds for that matter). These are often made with low quality materials and craftsmanship and will break soon enough.
- One feature that most people love about vertical blinds is their versatility. For example, you can choose to completely move the blinds aside to the sunlight in. You can also just tilt the vanes open to control the amount of light that comes in.
- Vertical blinds can be noisy, especially during windy days. The vanes clashing against each other can be very annoying to some homeowners.
Pros and Cons of Roller Blinds
- Some roller blinds are opened and closed electronically. Aside from being convenient, this allows you to install them in hard to reach windows in your home.
- Roller blinds are available in a wide variety of colours and designs. However, their design profiles are most suitable for modern and contemporary homes. House with traditional or Victorian architecture may want to consider other types of window blinds.
- The mechanisms used in operating roller blinds are somewhat intricate. When they fail, you’ll need to call a professional for help. This can add to the maintenance costs of these window blinds.
Whether you’re looking for vertical blinds or roller blinds, be sure that you’re getting high quality ones. By getting high quality window blinds, you can be sure that they’ll perform their intended function well. If you are looking for such blinds and other types of window blinds, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. You can call us up at (02) 9757 2977 or leave a message in our contact page.
Check our other recent articles:
- Choosing Commercial and Office Blinds
- Things to Know Before Buying Roman Window Blinds
- Spruce Up Your Home Interiors with Elegant and Stylish Window Blinds
Image Source: CedarglenHomes / Flickr