In many properties across Australia, roller and vertical blinds are quite popular. Vertical blinds denote blinds which you can adjust along a horizontal axis. As such, the term ‘vertical’ typically refers to the vertically hanging slats. In contrast, shutters and mini-blinds feature horizontal slats. Many people use vertical blinds to cover their sliding glass doors or large windows. This is because the slats in these blinds hang from a single point. Hence, adjusting these blinds from one side to the other is quite easy.
An Overview of the Valances Used with Vertical Blinds
Manufacturers usually make valances from fabric and stained or painted wood. Blinds installers will fasten these valances to the vertical blind headrail with valance clips. They will usually consider two kinds of valances for vertical blinds. These include:
- Channel Panel Valances: These feature a single slat valance that covers the headrail as a fascia. These valances do not have any top or cover. They feature side returns attached with corner clips. The channel panel typically features a base channel with a groove where the installer of blinds in Sydney and other places will typically slide a piece of the slat. This provides a consistent look. It ties the entire blind together too.
- Dust Cover Valances: These valances cover the headrail as a fascia. But, they come with tops that cover the headrail too. They feature side returns as well, which installer attach with corner clips. In some cases, these valances might have a rounded corner side return. In this scenario, the installers will integrate the return with the slat they have inserted in the channel. This makes the blind look sleek and uniform.
Do You Require the Best Selection of DIY Blinds in Sydney?
If you’re searching for ‘Do It Yourself’ (DIY) or vertical blinds, your search ends at Advanced Blinds. For more than 20 years, we have wowed our clients with our exquisite range of window blinds and curtains. We stock an array of roller, vertical and Venetian blinds. In addition, we stock plantations and Roman blinds too. Unlike other suppliers, we can give you the best value for your money. And, we can offer you a good selection regardless of your budget. So, if you’re looking for affordable and low-maintenance blinds or luxurious and extravagant blinds, we can give you exactly what you need. Click here to make your online booking today.
- Plantation Window Blinds Pros and Cons
- Tips to Keep Your Roller Blinds in Tip Top Shape
- 3 Tips to Help You Plan Window Coverings for Your Home
Image Source: Pixabay